The Zoo and Wildlife Nutrition Foundation (ZWNF) is a non-profit organization established for the purpose of:
– contributing expertise and providing funds to support zoo and wildlife nutrition programs worldwide,
– furthering the science of zoo nutrition
– facilitating the dissemination of nutrition knowledge, and
– developing the next generation of zoo nutrition leaders
The ZWNF Education & Travel Grant supports attendance at a comparative nutrition or animal nutrition-related conference, workshop, or training program.
This grant funding may be used to support travel and/or registration costs, and funding may be requested up to $500 for this purpose. Travel should be completed within 1 year of funding receipt, and a final report will be expected within 3 months of that time.
To apply, submit a short proposal (1 page, excluding CV) including the following information:
– Description of the conference, workshop or training program
– Rationale for ZWNF support, i.e., How will this program increase knowledge/skill base in animal nutrition? How will this program support/contribute to a current or future role in animal nutrition?
– Funding requested, with details of funding from other sources if required for attendance
– Call for Grants 4/8/18
– Grant proposals due 5/31/18
– Grant awardee/s announced 8/4/18 (at CNS meeting)
– Funding provided by 8/4/18
– Final report due by 2/1/19
Proposals will be evaluated by members or designees of ZWNF and AZA NAG. Anyone related to, or who could potentially benefit from grant funding, will be excluded from the selection process. ZWNF board of directors and AZA NAG reviewers are not eligible for grant funding. Eligible proposals will be prioritized based upon those that most clearly meet the AZA NAG’s objectives and priority of funding.
Submit proposals to Barbara Henry, President, ZWNF, Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, 3400 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45220, or via email at Barbara.email@example.com.
* Reports on projects or summaries will be viewable on the ZWNF section of the AZA NAG Website and will be included in the ZWNF annual report/updates. ZWNF must be acknowledged in all publications. A contract between the grantee and ZWNF will clearly state these requirements and use of funds. Organizations outside the US will need to provide additional documentation of tax exempt status and financial records.